What is CDP?
The CHRISTIAN DEMOCRATIC PARTY (CDP) is Australia's only registered national Christian political party. Although it is registered as a political party, it operates on non-party political lines.
CDP was founded by progressive, caring Australians with high ethical values based on the Scriptures (the Holy Bible). The aim of its members is to promote the common good by endorsing responsible, long-term goals, and not short-term gain.
- To uphold a free and democratic society with freedom of speech, the rule of law and stable constitutional government.
- To support and strengthen the Family unit as the basis of our society and responsible parenting with pro-family, pro-child policies. No to euthanasia.
- To stand for high moral principles in all walks of life and in legislation based on universal ethics and integrity.
- To foster the principles of government accountability and responsibility, and active citizen participation in a social compact.
- Australian laws must be based on the Judeo-Christian ethic and not on any other religious laws.
- To respect our Australian Flag and the values in our heritage, culture and ideals of equality, democracy, merit and justice.
- To advance the cause of social justice for all: the under-privileged, the unemployed, the handicapped, the elderly, the displaced.
- To pursue the ideal of a sound mind in a sound body by promoting a healthy life-style free from any abuse, drugs or harm.
- To expect a high standard of Education, Social and Medical Care for all Australians, urban or rural.
- To favour a totally integrated environment for sustainability - i.e. social, economic and physical.
- To encourage Australian ownership of enterprise, industry and capital, and promote decentralisation to create more sustainable jobs.
- To promote the pursuit of excellence in all fields of human endeavour.
- To promote World peace and understanding where all can live in peace and harmony and make Australia a shining example.
CDP candidates are in total agreement with CDP aims and principles; but in every instance, they are free to vote on legislation according to their conscience under God's guidance.