The Christian Democratic Party!
This is the official website of the Christian Democratic Party (CDP) - the only national Christian political party in Australia.
CDP’s leader, Rev Fred Nile MLC, is acknowledged for his honest and courageous stands on issues that cause great public unrest and concern. His current term in the Legislative Council runs up to March 2015.
For over 30 years, the CDP has represented the concerns of people who support Christian values, schools and caring institutions, family life, and who uphold the importance of the Commonwealth Constitution. While we have fought for the values that made our nation, we are committed to the future development of our nation as an inclusive community based on cohesive values that made us a people.
The CDP seeks to support and promote pro-Christian, pro-family, pro-child, pro-life policies for the benefit of all Australians, and to ensure that all legislation is brought into conformity with the revealed will of God in the Holy Bible, with a special emphasis on the ministry of reconciliation.
The CDP exists to encourage Christian representation in every level of government – Federal, State and Local – by seeing Christian candidates endorsed, supported and elected across the country.
Although CDP candidates are in total agreement with CDP aims and principles, in every instance they are free to vote on legislation according to their conscience under God's guidance.
- Rev Nile applauds the NSW Council of Church for gambling initiative
- CDP calls for Two Days of Prayer
- Rev Fred Nile condemns modern sex slavery
- Rev Fred Nile concerned about impact of alcohol in Redfern
- Rev Fred Nile calls for total ban on smoking in cars to prevent bush fires and accidents
- Rev Fred Nile supports stronger Government powers to cancel mining licences obtains by corruption
- Rev Fred Nile expresses concern over future care at Summer Hill Group home
- Rev Fred Nile supports the rights of the Bowraville families to have their say at a Parliament House Inquiry
- Rev Fred Nile questions influence of alleged producer of child pornography in NSW education policies
- Rev Fred Nile successfully moved amendments to Crown Resort Bill to prohibit poker machines